Saturday, 24 May 2014

OELP Trip : Day 1

Bi Yuqi 02
Today is the first day of our OELP trip! After the flight, we sat bus and went to Taipei 101 straight. As our group was in charge of the research on Taipei 101, I was curious if all the informations are true. Well, it really does have a lift with a really fast speed which can reach 89th story from 5th story within 40 seconds. That's so cool! The scenery there was really awesome and it's partially because we went there at night. 





After we ate our dinner, we went to seven-eleven to buy our own snacks. ( Well they can be found in Taipei too.) Mrs Tan bought some cup noodles and the bag is somehow different. I think it's really a good design since it uses less materials and can be more Eco-friendly. It is definitely better than the plastic bags we usually use. I think that we should learn from them and be creative! Of course not to learn everything from them... such as crossing the road when the light turns red.

Through the journey today, we were reminded frequently to keep quiet and listen to the tour guide, Mr David. We should behave better since we are in a public place. We are also representing River Valley High School from Singapore. I believe we can put up a better performance tomorrow to leave the foreigners a better impression of us. After all, today is a tiring but interesting day... Going to sleep soon, goodnight!





Tee Sze Min (18)
Today is the first day of our OELP trip and we went to Taipei 101. We took the coach to Taipei 101 straight from the airport. We viewed many interesting sights such as the factories and buildings there. What caught my attention was the signboards of the many shops around roads which are mainly in Chinese, almost all. Even when there are words in English, they are small. To me, this shows that Taiwan does not the arrival of people from other countries as Taipei is a city but the Chinese words could not be comprehended by the tourists.






Having a greater understanding of Taipei 101 due to the itinerary presentation, I am pleased that the trip to Taipei 101 was a pleasant one. The lift we took from the 5th storey to the 89th storey was really fast and the birds eye view of the night scenery was amazing through the clear windows and the observatory deck.



Taipei 101 from afar










Today was a tiring day but well-spent day and I look forward to the upcoming days of OELP! 





Yi Meng (21)
I felt very excited as today is the first day of the OELP trip and i have not been to Taiwan before. On the coach to Taipei 101, i saw many agriculture activities which is rare in Singapore due to Singapore's small amount of land. The fields for agriculture activities took up a really great space but the scenery is very beautiful. There are also ponds where many birds can play around on.
We reached Taipei 101,which is in the city, after a while. Taipei 101 has the fastest lift in the world and it is a good experience for me as I can have a feeling how fast the lift can be. The speed is totally amazing! I wish that the buildings in Singapore would have such a fast lift. If I work in Taipei 101, I will feel proud of Taipei 101 as it is a famous tourists attraction. I learnt that we should not be satisfied with the things we have now and should aim for the best as there are other things like lift around the world that are better then ours. At the top of Taipei 101, i saw the beautiful views of Taiwan. I realised that the city of Taiwan was quite modern and not like the fields with agriculture activities which i saw on the way to Taipei 101. However, there were very less buildings which are tall, unlike the city in Singapore where there are many skyscrapers. These were mainly due to the fact that natural disasters like earthquake are common in Taiwan, unlike Singapore where there are no natural disasters. This is something that i feel blessed about living in Singapore!  






Ming Han (26)
Today is the first day of the OELP trip to Taiwan. I was really excited! Today we went to Taipei 101 and went to check in to RF Pretty Hotel. On our way to Taipei 101 from Taoyuan airport, I saw lot of agricultural activities going on like farming. I realized that the rural places are very different from Singapore as I have never seen a rice field in Singapore. 

But when we arrived in the city, it was pretty much the same with high rise buildings all around except for the Chinese signs and highways. The highways in Taiwan are very tall and there is something similar to Singapore's highways. The are highways have systems that is quite similar to the Electronics Road Pricing (ERP) in Singapore. 

In Taipei 101, we went to the 89th floor and the observatory. At the observatory, the scenery was beautiful, the lighted city at night was visible from the observatory. We went to the 89th floor from the 5th floor in just 37 seconds. The fastest I have ever took in my life!
It has been a long day, bye!


This is a diary directed to the OELP trip

First entry:
  First day of the oelp trip without my friends, in Singapore!!! Thinking of them eating good food and I am eating instant noodles make me angry ah! Regretful that I didn't go? Definitely no! I heard the wifi was lousy there but here was superb! Muhahaha! However, I want go see the Taipei 101 aaa! Photos are not enough for me! Nevertheless, I am not going to regret for not going as I can receive presents when they come back! Muhahaha! I am never going to tell you that I did not go so that I can get gifts from them! Haha, just joking! It's late and the bunny's diary ends here!

No comments:

Post a Comment