Monday, 26 May 2014

OELP Trip: Day 2













Bi Yuqi (2)
Today... The second day of our OELP trip. Honestly speaking, I find today quite boring as we are not allowed to take photos while visiting the National Palace Museum and Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines. At the National Palace Museum, we saw the famous 翡翠白菜 and 东坡肉. I was amused by the patience of the people in the past and it was crafted very carefully without leaving any details. ( However I can't view it for long as there are aunties pushing me away... ) by the time we reached the second museum, everyone felt like sleeping... But I have learnt a lot of new things today about the history of Taiwan. The most fascinating place of today is Shih-fen. We released our sky lantern with the wishes on it. Afterwards, we have an hour of free time there too to shop for souvenirs and local food in Taiwan.



We traveled in the coach and I've taken some photos on the way. I realised that the The Taiwanese tried to ensure the safety of the citizens such as small things like indicating the maximum number of people it can contain, as well as the emergency exit. Even though there's no law in Taiwan that citizens are not allowed to release fireworks like Singapore, but fire extinguishers can be found along the pedestrian road. These are to minimize the number of injuries during emergencies.







Sze Min (18)
SECOND DAY OF OELP!! Today was an eventful day and I had a tiring yet interesting time at the places of attractions we went to today---National Palace Museum, Shung Ye museum of Formosan Aborigines and Shifen.

First off, we went to the National Palace Museum in the morning after breakfast. We saw the evolution of bronze in the museum and the many ancient pieces. Some of the most popular pieces of jade carvings in the museum is the "Jadeite Cabbage" and the "meat-shaped stone". They were carved beautifully and skillfully that they look really real and beautiful. I think that it is definitely not easy to carve these as the small details make it difficult.



Next, we went to Shung Ye museum of Formosan Aborigines. The museum housed exhibits relating to the cultures and histories of the Taiwanese aborigines. I learnt that the aboriginal tribes live mainly in the mountainous east and south of Taiwan and have historically spoken a variety of Austronesian languages. I think that it is meaningful to have such a museum located in the central location in the capital as displays the unwritten history of this island's aboriginal peoples and promote understanding and mutual respect between different ethnic groups living on the island. However, I did not have a pleasant time there as it was really tiring to stand there for such a long time listening to the guide as we have been walking since we were at the National Palace Museum. Thus, I was not really focused but still, I learnt something new.


Lastly, we went to Shih-fen to release sky lanterns and had free time waking along the stalls there. However, it rained when we reach there and we thought we could put up the sky lanterns but amazingly, the sky lanterns were still able to float up. Our group(not cid group) chose the colour of the lantern we wanted and began to write wishes on the lantern. When we are done with all sides, we went to release in on the tracks of trains. It was wonderful to see our handwritten lantern flying up into the sky. I really hope my wishes come true!


 
Yi Meng (21)
Firstly,we went to National Palace Museum. There are many old things there to see. I have learnt that the ancient people are very creative and professional to make those beautiful ancient pieces. Those are very precious as very less or no people used them now and very few existed in the world. The life of the ancient people are more difficult but they are more interesting than our life now, having the time to make things that they like instead of us who are always facing the modern devices.  2 of the famous things in the museums are the Jadeite Cabbage and the Jadeite Meat, which looks very real. It will be very hard to make them so real and need a lot of effort and skills to be able to. 


Next, we went to the Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines. There were many aborigines in Taiwan. There were many exhibitions that show many things about the aborigines like their houses, clothes and cultures. The exhibitions can let people learn more about the aborigines who they would not have much chances to communicate with face to face. This will allow people to respect their cultures and not think that they are very strange. 


Lastly, we went to Shih-fen to release sky lanterns and walk around the streets there. We wrote what wishes we have on the lanterns and after that release them into the sky on the railway track. Although it was a railway track where trains will pass by, we were all allowed to go onto the railway track to release our lanterns. This is something very dangerous, but no one was hit by the train, which shows that this idea is very good as it provided more space. It is very unique because if it was Singapore, Singapore will prevent anyone from going onto the railway track where trains will be going. Singapore will not even allow anyone to release sky lanterns unless they have applied for the permit to release. These shows that Singapore is a lot stricter in safety than Taiwan but sometimes too strict. As our lanterns fly up high into the sky, i wish that what i wrote on the lantern will come true! 




Ming Han (26)
It is the second day of the OELP trip. Today, we went to the National Palace Museum, the Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines and Shih-fen.


Firstly, we went to the National Palace Museum. The 2 things that makes the museum so famous: Jadeite Cabbage and the Jadeite Meat (翡翠白菜 and 东坡肉)It looked so real that it made me hungry haha just kidding but the craftwork was undeniably good. I was really impressed by such fine craftwork, so much that it makes me wonder how did the people in the past do it without such machineries we have nowadays. One sad things is we were not allowed to take pictures in the museum so, sadly, I can't show u these 2 things. One of my friend, tried to take pictures at the museum and got scolded by the security guard for taking pictures. I learnt something and that is: we must respect the people that set the rules by following the rules because they must have set it for a reason.


In the Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines , I learnt about the unique cultures of the aborigines in Taiwan (no photo to share as we can't take photos :(  ). There are no aborigines in Singapore due to limited space. The aborigines lived in a very different way from us. They did everything by themselves like making clothes and things which really impressed me.


After that we went to Shih-fen, it is pretty similar to Singapore's pasar malam. The greatest difference between our pasar malam and Shih-fen is that in Shih-fen we can release sky lanterns which is very memorable to me. I wished for good health and grades, hope it will come true! To sum it up, today was pretty fun, interesting and filled with laughter. ^_^





Bunny's diary


Second entry:


  Second day of the OELP trip! Feeling really lonely! Nobody on any and every social media! My only company is homework, piles and piles of it! Only accomplishment is I have done my math homework! Did not manage to cut my hair to be a mushroom head too! Why, because my mum is not free to cut lo! Always had been longing to cut a short hair, when will this dream come true neh? More to say, what's today meals? Nothing good and delicious, sumptuous or scrumptious but just take away and instant noodles (again!!! I know right! ) Wonder when will I die of cancer for eating instant noodles for every weekend! What's this, arrrrrr! You know what, I feel like destroying the world! ( OMO will I be jailed for saying these words?) Where's my company aaaaaa? Nobody here? Tomorrow is school day! I will have my company ( Huan Yu, Yati and Elyn) Wonder what will be like when there is only four people in the year two cohort. Want to know? Update you tomorrow! The dairy ends here, why? Because I am knock out! By who? Myself! For what? Because I can't stand my rubbish Le! Bai bai~


(P.S.  Reader: Why do today's diary become so lengthy?


        Bunny: Hmmmmm. Maybe it's just because I am free!


        Reader 吐血,倒地,送院=_=)





































No comments:

Post a Comment