Yuqi (2)
Today, we went to the memorial halls and Jianguo High School. At Jianguo the students there showed off their talents not only normal performing arts, the string ensembles, but also things cool like the magic.through these performances that they had prepared for us, we managed to know much more about their school.
Best of all, we had 小笼包for lunch today! Yum yum... Although it can be found in Singapore, but it's more meaningful to have a try of this local food in Taiwan itself. muhahahaha...
Afterwards, we moved on to Chiang Kai Shek and Sun Yet Sen Memorial Halls. These places are to commemorate the deaths of these two heroes. They are also counted as the historical sites in Taiwan. Although they were built for a long time, but it's well kept as there are no damages at all. I think that Singapore should also build more memorial halls for the heroes in Singapore. Then, Singaporeans could go and visit to ensure that they would not be forgotten, and the younger generations can also know more about the olden Singapore!!!
Sze Min (18)
Today was a dull and tiring day as we went to many memorial halls and had to absorb a lot of information.
Firstly, we went to Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School for immersion programme. As I was aware that it is a prestigious high school for boys, I was surprised to see that the school is an old building as it was not what I expected. The moment we reached the front gate of the school, students were already waving to us. The students were very friendly and they welcomed us warmly. We were led to a conference room whereby there was a sharing of Jianguo High School. To my amazement, the students sharing were so fluent in their English! They also put up a few performances for us and I could see that they had put in a lot of effort. Then, we were paired up with a student of Jianguo and we toured around the school. My buddy was very friendly and generous as he treated us to drinks. After that, we were treated to famous shaved ice by the students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School. I look forward to tomorrow's immersion programme!
Today's lunch was the BEST!! We had 小笼包 and it was soo delicious.
After that, we went to Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall and witnessed the change of guards. The soldiers were so discipline the whole process was very neat and orderly. We also saw Chiang Kai Shek's possessions such as his house, car and statues. We also learnt about his contributions to Taiwan. We went to Sun Yat Sen memorial after that and witnessed another round of changing of guards.
Lastly, we went to Ximending to end the day. It was teeming with teenagers. There were soooo many shops there and I bought a few items. Yuqi and I also went to the Starbucks there and it tasted much better than Singapore's one!
Yi Meng (21)
It is the third day of the OELP trip and we went to Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School, Chang Kai-Shek Memorial hall, Dr Sun Yat-Sen Memorial hall and Ximending. After our breakfast, we went to Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School. I thought that it would be a very modern school but it turned out to be a very old building that I could not believe it was a school! As our bus was driving towards the foyer, a few students from Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School was already standing there waving at us happily. They welcomed us with joy and was very friendly at first sight. We were brought to a conference room where there was sharing of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School by students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School. I was surprised by the presenters' fluent English as I thought that their english is not very good. The students presented that their school focuses on 'freedom' like they could go out of school for lunch and many more. This was very surprising as although they were given a lot freedom, they could still ace in heir studies and is top school in Taiwan. There were many performances put up by the students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School like string ensemble, band and circus club. After watching finish the awesome performances put up by the students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School, we were paired up with a buddy from Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School and was given a tour around Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School. We were taught magic tricks by a few student from the magic club and they were really patient to teach us although we had a lot of difficulties understanding. We did a dance performance for them and sang 立化情. The students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School was touched by the song and so was i and i felt proud for the seniors who compose the song. After that, we were treated to famous shaved ice by the students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School. The students of Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School were really hospitable and I could not wait for the next day when I would visit again. After eating dim sum for our lunch, we went to Chiang Kai-Shek memorial hall. We saw the change of guards which was incredibly orderly. There were many displays of Chiang Kai-Shek's thing like cars, statues and many more. The wonderful displays of Chiang Kai-Shek memorial hall shows that many efforts have being put in to not forget Chiang Kai-Shek , who had contributed a lot to Taiwan. This shows that Taiwan really respect him a lot. We went to Sun Yat-Sen memorial hall after that and it was almost like Chiang Kai-Shek memorial hall, where we saw another round of change of guards. This shows that Taiwan really respect Chiang Kai-Shek and Sun Yat Sen a lot, which was a good thing as they did not forget about those who had contributed to the standard of living and survival of them. We went to Ximending to eat our dinner and shop after that. It was very big and my friends and i got lost. However, we found our way back and was a good experience for us.
Ming Han (26)
It is the third day already, time really flies when you are having fun :( In the morning, we went to Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School for immersion programme. I felt really fortunate that we get to go there as it is one of the most prestigious high school and my buddy was really nice and friendly :) The students there were very friendly and they also prepared performances for us. Their school's Chinese Orchestra prepared a wonderful performance for us and also they performed juggling. Not to forget the beat boxing, it was fantastic! I can tell that they really put in a lot of effort in the performance and they really tried to make this experience really fun and interesting. In return, we performed for them too. We had prepared this performance for quite some time before the trip and we also practiced it the night before. We had 2 performances for them, a skit and a dance, but there as no time for the skit so only the dance was shown to them. After that, they bought the famous 建中黑糖刨冰 for us. I was really touched by their hospitable gesture. Every action that we make, does make a difference in other people's day. It can be a simple smile or a tasty 建中黑糖刨冰, it brightens up someone's day. We bidded farewell to our new friends and headed for lunch. YUM YUM 小笼包
Then, we went to the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall and Dr Sun
Yat-Sen Memorial Hall. We learnt more about the history of the Father of the
Nation. What impressed me most at both the memorial hall is the changing of
guards, we were lucky enough to be able witness it. The guards were very
disciplined and coordinated. They were very synchronized just like they are
robots programmed to be perfectly in sync.
Ximending was our next destination. We were given one and a half
hour to shop there. It was crowded with teenagers as the items there are pretty
much for youngsters. I bought a few stuff toys and then we gathered back at the
meeting point. Then we went back to the hotel to rest.
Third entry:
Third day of the OELP trip! I finally cut my hair and become a mushroom head! (About the same length as Juen's hair ba?) Realised that this type of hair fitted me quite well! Want to get a look of me? Nah, you don't have a chance because I am not posting my selfie up on this blog! By the time the June holiday ends, my hair would have grown back. So nobody can see my short hair. However, me cutting my hair is not the main point of this diary. It's my school life! Today is the first day in school without my friends. At first, when I went into the classroom I was a bit scared as the block was too quiet and only Huan Yu is in the class. (Yati and Elyn haven't come) Moreover, sad to say there is still some year 2s who haven't go for their trip (2D) so I didn't manage to experience what I actually wanted to.( you know what I am saying right) Also, there are still some leftovers (haha call myself like leftover, sounds not quite right though) like 23 of us. Share with you one funny and sad thing that happened today. The funny thing was that there was one teacher (female) who was standing in front of me during the national anthem and her skirt was too 飘逸. So what happened was that her skirt flew up (the wind was big as it was too spacious without all the year 2s) and I saw her shorts inside.( glad that she wear one) haha! So that's what happened. One sad thing was there's someone in year 3s name Oliver (don't know if I spelled it correctly) died. This person was a brave sole who died from cancer ( he fight for 6 years against it). So we pray for him silently for one minute (the whole school) and we were encourage to make paper cranes for him. One lesson learnt from him was to persevere despite we may encounter obstacles in life. Finally, here comes the main topic, what I do in school today? First, we spent one hour cutting out some bamboo( there are many different patterns and mine was bamboo) printed on paper using something like a penknife. Huan Yu's art (horse) is chosen by the teacher(don't know for what) but I haven't finish mine aaaaaaaaa! Followed by, we got a 30 minutes and then a talk. The speaker was some Rvians in the past named Wang De Yuan. I think he came to 宣传 his book called 阿婆的手. At the last part of his speech, he composed a song using our school song( something like a remix) and sounds QUITE nice (only quite). A conclusion for today is that, I MISS MY CLASS AAAAAA, EXTREMELY MSS!
( small theatre:
Reader: why today's diary is even longer?
Bunny: Because I am talkative?
Reader: You mean you turn into a talkative person on one day?
Bunny: No, you think I will tell you that it is because the first two days I a bit 害羞 so I didn't write too much?
Reader 口吐白沫)

No comments:
Post a Comment