Sunday, 26 January 2014

Reflections

Bi Yu Qi (2)

Throughout the three CID lessons so far, I realized that CID is not a lesson that's only about school and results, but also a chance to learn the skills needed during our daily life. During the third lesson, we learnt about observation for example. By observing someone can help you to think about why did this particular person do this and understand about this person more without the need of communication. I personally think that this is very important as some people might be shy to speak up to someone or make friends with other people.



Tee Hui Shi (17)

In the past three weeks of the CID lessons, we have learnt a lot from it. For, most of the lessons, we learnt about the observation skills. For the second lesson: A picture paints a thousand words, we have seen two pictures and called to describe what we have seen in those picture. After writing down the description, we are supposed to evaluate a conclusion from it.  After that, we are to decide who to help. Eventually, we were provided with the background of the pictures and and asked if we have change our decision. In the end, I changed my decision as I realised that the one I wanted to help make use of the common prejudice to bluff the eyes of others and make money for her own use. The lesson made me realise that we should not judge a book by its cover but to make efforts to find out more about the background information. If not we may help the wrong person and ignored the person whose is really in need.



Tee Sze Min (18)

I have learnt many things through the past three CID lessons. CID lesson is a special and valuable lesson whereby we learn skills that we can execute in our daily lives, including see, think and wonder. We have to infer from what we observe and then pose questions to help in our thinking.

From the second lesson titled "A picture paints a thousand words", I have learnt to not judge a book by its cover. Through seeing at different pictures, we had to think and wonder based on what we see to understand the pictures more. I also learned about poverty through this lesson. We had to see two pictures of poverty and observe them before inferencing from the pictures. Initially, I thought that the woman was more poor and needy than the man whose things were all stolen as she has a baby to care for too. However, after getting to know about the background of the two, I realised that the male beggar was actually more pitiful than the woman and that he is genuinely poor and needs help. I have learnt that I cannot assume one's demeanor by one's outward appearance as we need to understand one's background before even judging them, in this case, making a decision on who to help if I were to help one. What touched me the most was the things I have learnt about poverty. I realised that even in Singapore, there are actually poor and needy people who struggle to survive on a daily basis and need us to lend our helping hands.

The third lesson titled "Observations and Communication" also taught me an important lesson which is to identify a person's personality and behavior through observing their actions. Then we will also be able to know the feeling of a person so that we will be able to understand him or her more.




Chai Yi Meng (21)

I have learnt many things from lesson 2 which has the title ' A pictures paints a thousand words' and lesson 3 which is the title of 'observations and communication'. From lesson 2, I have looked at many pictures and try to guess from the picture what I see, think and wonder. For activity 1, I saw that the woman beggar looks more in need of help than the man beggar. However, after knowing the truth and the background of them, I realised that I had thought the wrong way and wanted to change my thinking. The woman beggar was actually holding a baby that was not her one and wanted to cheat the people into believing that she is very pitiful so they will donate her more money. The man beggar is actually the one that needed help more as his working tool got stolen so he couldn't work to earn money already. Thus, I have learnt that we should not judge people by their appearance and should try to understand more before making a decision that is wrong. It would not hurt to try to learn more about their background so why not try to know more? After learning about this, we should be more careful and do not get tricked so easily. There are also activity 2 which shows a picture of the Indian riot in Little India recently.It reminds us that there are actually people that are really poor in Singapore like the foreigners. They came here to work away from their family and is very poor as their salary are usually very low as their level of education are not very high. Thus, they may be very stress and i think the Singaporeans should help them alittle more so that they will not get so poor and lead to the Indian riot due to too much stress.




Law Ming Han (26)

We learnt about not judging a book by its cover in lesson 2 "A picture paints a thousand words" and "observation and communication" from lesson 3. One of the lessons I would like to talk about is the 3rd lesson. My teacher taught us to identify someone's behavior by observing them and what they are doing without talking to that person. I learnt important things from this lesson. I have learnt to be more observant to our environment and the  activities around me, and not being so engrossed in ourselves only. It may seem like its not a big deal but it actually makes a big difference. Knowing how the person feels or what they want is very important so we can  not upset them and not spoil our relationship. For example, if your friend is in a bad mood today, and imagine you are totally clueless about that and went to joke with him and causing your friend to be very upset. It's like triggering a time bomb which you do not want to do. So it's very important to know what is a right and wise thing to do in situations like that. If your friend is feeling down, he or she probably need some time alone or just need a friend to encourage them. Or maybe they just need a friend to confide in. Do not underestimate the power of a small action, if it is done in the right time, it can really make someone's day. So learn to observe and it will help you in your future lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment