Saturday, 11 January 2014

Reflection : How the holidays were spent

 

During the December holiday in 2013, I went back to China. Unlike in Singapore, There are distinct changes in seasons. I lived in my grandparents' house for a week and it is located at the colder part of China. There were thick layers of snow and I enjoyed the time spent on hills playing snow, or collecting the tree branches necessary for cooking in villages. I look forward to the OELP trip as we are going overseas as a class to do project works, I hope I can have a memorable time there with my friends.



                                   
                                  




      

         

 
One thing that touched me the most is in the cold weather, the students there have to walk a long distance to school, students as young as 7 years old. The school building there is smaller than the schools in Singapore and the primary school students have to study in the same school with the secondary school students. They don't have a official field to play soccer or the facilities we have here. I've learnt to treasure what I have as condition of the place for education for me is much more better than the students there living in villages.
 
 

 
-Bi Yu Qi (2)



My holiday was mostly spent on homework and reading novels. I stayed at home most of the times and did not go overseas. I found that the most meaningful event  I had was a moral and culture camp. I went with my siblings for six days five nights and I learnt a skills which was Chinese Ropework. I learnt how to tie knots using colourful strings and made it into beautiful Chinese pendant. In my opinion, I think that I benefit a lot from that camp which I would like to participate again in the coming year.


       




       

-Tee Hui Shi (17)




To be honest, I did not go overseas during the holidays but instead, my holiday was mostly spent with my friends. I went to Universal Studios Singapore a few times with my close friends. Although it may seem dull because of the repeats of rides, I actually had a lot of fun with them. I also got to know two level mates whom I have never interacted with before. Hence even though nothing much can be learnt from spending time at USS, I found it meaningful as we bonded together as friends through many aspects. We chatted throughout the day and shared our fears as we were about to sit for the rides like 'Revenge of the Mummy'. We had an enjoyable time screaming together in the midst of enjoying the rides. The number of rides we took was uncountable as the queues weren't long. And at the end of our day, we had to drag our lethargic bodies home. In my opinion, it was a pleasant and well day spent at USS. Most importantly, our friendship blossomed. Besides the fun I had experienced during the holiday, time was also spent on completing holiday assignments.


       

-Tee Sze Min (18)




Although most of my time was spent on playing computer games, my family and I did went to other countries like Malaysia and Thailand too! We went to Genting Highland in Malaysia and it was very high and very cold but the food there was very expensive. I had a fun time there with my family playing bowling and went to the haunted house with my siblings. The haunted house was very scary but I still like it as it was a good experience. I wish I could go there again as I like the cold weather there and the hotel was very comfortable. We then went to Hat Yai in Thailand and visited many interesting places which are mostly about Buddhist. One of the shopping mall there has security guards standing at the entrance and searching bags and people to see if there are any dangerous things like bomb with them. My parents then told me that there was case of bombing there and I realised how wonderful and save Singapore is compared to other countries. The transport there was TuTu car and although they are not as comfortable as the buses or taxi in Singapore, it was a very good experience as we could enjoy the breeze and see the things around Hat Yai clearer. I enjoy my holiday a lot and had a fun time with my family! During the year end holiday in 2013,  most of my time was spent on staying at home to play computer games and I regretted playing too much as I did not study much during the holiday. I wish I could have more time management during the holiday and not play so much.Although most of my time was spent on playing computer games, my family and I did went to other countries like Malaysia and Thailand too! We went to Genting Highland in Malaysia and it was very high and very cold but the food there was very expensive. I had a fun time there with my family playing bowling and went to the haunted house with my siblings. The haunted house was very scary but I still like it as it was a good experience. I wish I could go there again as I like the cold weather there and the hotel was very comfortable.We then went to Hat Yai in Thailand and visited many interesting places which are mostly about Buddhist. One of the shopping mall there has security guards standing at the entrance and searching bags and people to see if there are any dangerous things like bomb with them. My parents then told me that there was case of bombing there and I realised how wonderful and save Singapore is compared to other countries. The transport there was TuTu car and although they are not as comfortable as the buses or taxi in Singapore, it was a very good experience as we could enjoy the breeze and see the things around Hat Yai clearer. I enjoy my holiday a lot and had a fun time with my family!


       




       

-Chai Yi Meng (21)




I spent my holidays playing games, doing homework, going to CCA or watching television programs. Most of the time that I spent was on my computer playing online games with my friends after I finished my homework. Other than that, I stayed at my grandmother's house in Malaysia for about 2 weeks in December. There's no internet connection there so I did not play computer games there. I spent my time there mostly on my homework. This holiday was quite fun playing.

-Law Ming Han (26)



2 comments: