Bi Yu Qi (2)
I think that the presentation was not bad overall. After which, Mr Chua and our classmates gave us useful advises and many suggestions of places to improve on base on our performance.
We were the first group to present, although I had memorised the scripts, but I was rather nervous during the presentation that I had to refer to my scripts more. Although my friends said that I was confident enough, but I could feel my legs shaking while presenting!
The effect of the PowerPoint slides turned out well and the colour contrast was good, the texts and pictures could be seen clearly which was easy to refer to during our presentation. However, the slide on "improvements" was a bit wordy and the audience can read what we were going to say.
I think the practices with my group mates were very useful as we were sure of the sequence and flow of the presentation which made the transition smooth. Also, the jokes that we added in had actually contributed to the engaging the audience which made the presentation more enjoyable.
Through this presentation, I have learnt many presentation skills and and is more certain of what to notice about during a presentation such as eye contact, volume and tone of the speaker. Also, I have realized the importance of preparation before hands including practicing and rehearsing because they can help you to be more confident during the presentation!
Tee Hui Shi (17)
In the past two weeks, most of the groups in our class had presented a presentation about the learning journey to the chingay parade. We were the first group to be selected and had the least time to prepared. I think our group had done quite well for the presentation and the comments made by teacher is not bad. Throughout the presentation, I learnt that we must be confident during the presentation and also establish eye contact with the audience. Moreover, we must be loud and clear so that the audience would be able to hear every word we had spoken. Although the presentation this time was not really well but I will want to make the next one a success.
Tee Sze Min (18)
Throughout the whole chingay presentation, I have gained a lot of knowledge and important skills and requirements necessary for public speaking. I have learnt that in order to exhibit a good presentation, we must have sincere eye contact, intonation, good body posture, loud and clear voice any more more. As my group was the first to present, I was a little surprised and anxious because it was unexpected. When I was speaking, I was quite nervous to speak in front of the whole class as it is a large audience and made a few mistakes like stumbling on words. When we were done with our presentation, my teacher commented on my performance and said that I was a little soft. Now that I know my mistake, I will be able to improve the next time I need to speak in front of a large audience. Also, I am glad that the slides turned out well as it is a proportionally combination of words and pictures. This will result in slides that are not too wordy and our classmates are able to pay attentions and focus on what we present verbally. Overall, I think that the skills I've learnt will bring benefits in the future.
Chai Yi Meng (21)
After the trip to Chingay Parade, we were told to make a presentation regarding the trip there. The trip was certainly fun and enjoyable for me and I felt really happy that we could reflect back and share with our classmates about the trip! Before we presented in class, we had spent a lot of time preparing for the presentation which resulted in me eating McDonald late. However, after the presentation, I feel that all the effort we had put in are very worth it as our presentation was not bad. Although we are the first to present, I think we are really lucky as there are some advantages too! Throughout the presentation, I did not present perfectly due to inappropriate pauses while presenting. This is because I relied too much on the script and has to maintain eye contact, which made it difficult for me as I did not memorise the script. We also add some humour into the presentation to engage the audience and our teacher say they are not bad. However, there is one humour that is projected on the projector and this made it not really good to capture the audience attention. After the presentation, our teacher said that our group did not bad and told us about our mistakes. I think our teacher's feedbacks about us are true and I will try to amend my mistakes before it become worse. Although the teacher said that I did not bad overall, I still doubt it as I had made a lot of mistakes. Throughout this presentation, I have learnt a lot skills about presentation like being fluent and well-prepared and more that will help us more in our future. This presentation is a meaningful one that will make me understand more about skills of presenting.
Law Ming Han (26)
It was a wonderful trip to Chingay and we had a presentation of Chingay by each group which made it a even memorable event. The presentation was fun and engaging as it was very funny. I have also learnt about presentation skills. My teacher taught the class presentation skills before the presentation of the the Chingay Parade but I still messed up during the presentation. My teacher commented that I had little eye contact as I kept reading off the script. I was quite nervous presenting there and having a script in hand, it was hard not to read off it. I also learnt that the facial expressions like smiling, body language, volume and variation of tone is very important. For example, if I say I am excited but my voice is totally monotonous like a robot, with no face expressions or body language, it would seem quite fake or insincere and it would cause the audience to lose interest, which would mean we had failed to engage them. On the other hand, if I variate my tone and volume, also with a smile while saying that I'm excited, it gives people a different feel, a feel of sincerity. I learnt much from this presentation and I hope I would be able to improve on my presentation skills. :D
Slides:

























No comments:
Post a Comment